[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 01:39:36 PST 2005

There's no "prohibition on revealing" IWW members or anything like that in the IWW's constitution. It's not the Masons. Actually, Chuck0 has said he is in the IWW before on this very list.

To wit: http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2000/2000-March/006122.html

["I must then be hallucinating that IWW red card that's in my book bag. That makes me feel better, because I was getting a few months behind on dues payments. IWW - reports of our death are exaggerated."]

Also, one shouldn't brag about one's activist resume every time one gets criticized ["Well, *I've* been organizing for 15 years in various marches, so who are YOU to talk," etc.] and then suddenly claim the IWW thing will bar you from getting a job. I'd think the open bragging of years and years of anti-capitalist/anarchist organizing would do that, too. Or being in the NY Times, etc. I mean, come on.

-B.

========

Chuck0 wrote:

> >You mean the prohibition about revealing the
identities of IWW
> >members in public was changed? This list is
publicly accessible. In
> >an era of Google, any prospective employer can
search the Internet
> >and find your name or my name on this list. As
somebody who probably
> >has been unable to find work, possibly in part due
to my name being

===== "I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978