[lbo-talk] Boycotting the unorganized? (multiple replies)

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 11:18:00 PST 2005

Michael Dawson:

> Whether or not to cross a picket line is not a law. It is an
> individual choice. As a unionist, I support everybody's
> right to make the choice for herself or himself.

More to the point, Michael, do you support "Right to Work" laws? My guess is that you don't (though my guess is also that Munson the Lumpen does, or he is at least indifferent). But this is the same line of reasoning that supports "right to work" -- specious appeals to "individual" free choice in a society where individualism is meaningless at best and an active tool of mystification at worst.