[lbo-talk] Balochis want rights, not charity, says PONM

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Jan 21 16:31:44 PST 2005

Daily Times

Friday, January 21, 2005

Balochis want rights, not charity, says PONM

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Oppressed Nation Movement (PONM) has warned the government that “oppressed” political groups would start countrywide protests after Eid- if troops were not pulled out of Balochistan immediately.

“We demand our rights, not charity. We will not compromise our principles.” PONM leader Senator Sanaullah Baloch said.

He said the Balochis were victimised in the past as well but they did not accept defeat.

He said centre would be forced to give Balochis their rights. He denied that Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, Pakistan Muslim League chief and former premier, was in touch with the Baloch nationalists but said the PONM would welcome any such attempt to hold dialogue.

He said innocent people were being arrested in Sui and demanded the government arrest those who raped a lady doctor in Balochistan.

online

Daily Times - All Rights Reserved