[lbo-talk] PTECH, 9/11, and USA-SAUDI TERROR

Jon Johanning zenner41 at mac.com
Sat Jan 22 14:41:15 PST 2005

On Jan 22, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Joseph Wanzala wrote:

> This kind of computational power supports an inference engine that
> can digest the mined data into results that are not only descriptive
> of the systems present state but predictive for imminent and to some
> degree, even middle term outcomes. That's why the same family of
> programs that does enterprise architecture, which is descriptive (and
> prescriptive if you take its predictions as a mandate for cutting
> costs and firing people), comes to include risk management software,
> which is predictive of the future. It extrapolates from current trends
> in a more than quantitative way.

And with all that fantabulous computer power behind them, why, I wonder, does the exec committee of the ruling class do such idiotic things as Iraq?

Artficial intelligence does no good when coupled with human stupidity.

It's a little difficult to comprehend why the gang that was supposedly able to engineer the brilliant 9/11 hoax can't understand the simplest thing about a Middle Eastern country.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.