[lbo-talk] Boycotting the Unorganized?

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Jan 23 14:01:36 PST 2005

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Duncan M. Clark

So, setting aside Michael's original quandary, what is the fascination here with exceptional cases? Obviously there's no conscious strategy behind our collective barroom bullshit-slinging, to use Chuck0's analogy, but this is just the kind of meme I'd sow if I wanted to watch the fractured left pry itself apart some more.

19th century forms of solidarity do not adequately deal with the complex challenges of unions in the 21st century; exploring just what solidarity -and constraints/conditions regarding it's expression- entails via complex counterfactuals [and real world examples] is necessary for building upon and deconstructing the sedimented meanings/practices associated with the concept.

Did I fail to mention I've never crossed a picket line? :-)