[lbo-talk] Christians want to become "bad boys" again

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Jan 24 07:53:21 PST 2005

B. wrote:

> [More evidence that Chuck0's dismissal of the
> religious right was/is premature. We all know a bad
> boy rebel is sexier than a nice guy conformist! - B.]

This new movement doesn't disprove my correct assessment that the religious right is a moribund movement with no new ideas and little chance for new growth.

I was talking to a friend about this last night and I laid out my case why the religious right is simply not the power that progressives make it out to be. Of course, it is important to pay attention to them and fight them--especially on days like today, with all of those ignorant pro-life zealots marching around D.C.

So, what do you do with these "Braveheart Primise Keepers"? You start by ridiculing them.

Chuck