[lbo-talk] Christians want to become "bad boys" again

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 08:21:20 PST 2005

--- Chuck0 wrote:
> So, what do you do with these "Braveheart Primise Keepers"? You
> start by
> ridiculing them.

Yeah, I know the Pats and Eagles are hoping some fool on the other team posts some public ridicule of the opposition, thereby galvanizing and inspiring the team to seek revenge and kick ass.

Same with the religious/social conservatives. Ricidule only strengthens their resolves, empowers them to push harder, justifies their mission in their minds. Hell, we've been "ridiculing" them for the last 20+ years in Texas; hasn't done us a lick 'o good.

Sorry, but I still don't believe we've seen their power and push crest and fall yet. It's coming soon, on that I will concede, but it is not here. Not yet.

- Deborah

===== "If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses." - Lenny Bruce