[lbo-talk] Re: juan cole-ism

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Mon Jan 24 15:53:25 PST 2005

"...By the way, Iraqis have more than once pleaded with me to argue against precipitous withdrawal by the US..."

which iraqis? what a crock of smug, shit eating western superiority... this guy sometimes sounds good, but only in comparison to the worst of bushitters...

iraqis who want america to stay are probably living in his college's dorms...

if a civil war develops, his type will say "see, i told you so", but all the allegedly religious differences that apologists insist mean we should stay, are mostly in the apologists heads...

the evil, wicked, monstrous_____ ( fill in favorite term i may have left out) saddam regime could not have functioned without a helluva lot of shiites, who probably were as numerous among baathists as they are in the general population...

if someone indulged the great american pastime and took a poll among all kurds, shiites and sunnies, i think the majority would say to america: get the fuck out, now...

and take cole and his expert ilk with you...

fs