[lbo-talk] transportation bottlenecks

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jan 25 21:21:32 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Financial Times - November 16, 2004
>
> COMMENT & ANALYSIS: The just-in-time supply chain model is unravelling
> as truckers, port operators and train companies struggle to cope.
> Investment is rising but the problem will take time to resolve, write
> Dan Roberts, Christopher Parkes and Jeremy Grant

Here in Kansas City we are witnessing an explosion in rail transit. Kansas City serves as one of the hottest rail hubs in the country and it is pretty vital for trucking. They just finished building a new "flyover" over one of the yards downtown. These flyovers allow hotshot freights to zoom through Kansas City without having to get bogged down in all of the yards. The major rail companies are racing to expand their rail capacity on main routes, with much of this action affecting Kansas City.

Chuck