[lbo-talk] Larry Summers is no male chauvinist pig ...

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Jan 27 07:49:50 PST 2005

Quoting amadeus amadeus <amadeus482000 at yahoo.com>:

> > He calls things as he sees them. On the same
> > grounds, you and I could be called
> > pigs.
> >
> > -- Luke
>
> The way I "see" it, all women should be personal
> slaves of men, and polyamory for men should be
> legalized. Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em; don't blame
> the messenger! It, after all, is a fucking baseball
> game, and I'm your fucking umpire.

This is really stupid. Carl called Summers a "pig." As support, he linked to an article in which folks complained about Summers' abrasive manner. Why is Summers' manner abrasive? Because he has beliefs about controversial issues and isn't afraid to express them. I don't think that's a minus in and of itself. The views Summers expressed weren't repugnant, and he might even be right--relevant distinctions between him and your idiotic straw character.

My sample size is small, but you seem to personify the PC cop of the conservative imagination. No small achievement, that.

-- Luke