[lbo-talk] Larry Summers is no male chauvinist pig ...

lweiger at umich.edu lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Jan 27 11:06:41 PST 2005

I'd argue that the problem is that we live in a world where such reasoning has a peverse sense to it. I agree that the West is responsible for this shameful state of affairs, but unlike most leftists I think the responsibility is mostly a matter of what we haven't done (e.g. provide appropriate levels of aid to poorer countries) as opposed to what we have done. I don't think the distinction is one of instrinsic moral significance. Others do.

-- Luke