[lbo-talk] the riddle of Al Qaeda

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 07:07:13 PST 2005

Joseph Wanzala:

> There is no question that networks variously affiliated
> with the International Muslim Brotherhood (the
> Mujahedeen, Hezbollah, the KLA etc.) are engaged in
> international criminal enterprises (aka terrorism)

The KLA is not a Muslim Brotherhood organization; the accounts I've seen of its origins indicate that it was Maoist/Hoxhaite in its earliest incarnations. Albanian fascists, Islamists of various stripes, and so on all came later.

Hezbollah is definitely not a Muslim Brotherhood organization, either, since it is Shi'ite.

I think the question of whether al-Qaeda really exists -- or what its nature really is -- is a legitimate one to ask, by the way.