[lbo-talk] Aid and Debt (Larry Summers is no male chauvinist pig ...)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Jan 30 09:07:37 PST 2005

Patrick Bond wrote
>From: <lweiger at umich.edu>
>>..unlike most leftists I think the responsibility is mostly a
>>matter of what we haven't done (e.g. provide appropriate levels of
>>aid to poorer countries)
>
>You missed the point: progressives in Afrodad say *the appropriate
>levels of aid*, especially from Washington, are zero, and of debt
>servicing is also zero. Zero.

Speaking of aid and debt, Washington, itself deeply in debt, giving "aid" to developing nations is like robbing Pedro and borrowing from Renqing to give back an infinitesimal fraction of the total to Pedro. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * "Proud of Britain": <http://www.proudofbritain.net/ > and <http://www.proud-of-britain.org.uk/>