[lbo-talk] Re: The Harvey Milk School Has No Right to Exist. Discuss

Michael Dawson mdawson at pdx.edu
Mon Jan 31 23:08:06 PST 2005

I didn't mean to say it wasn't about queer survival. I just think that this story seems even more (to my eye) to be about saving _poor_ gay teens from the compound abyss of class and homophobia and teen angst. For teens in Manhattan, class deprivation must, I'd guess, at least treble the social-psychological "stonewall" gay teens everywhere feel. Ergo, I like the school. Seems like a rare example of actual collective social sensitivity.