[lbo-talk] Russian MPs Want to Put Gorbachev on Trial

Peter Lavelle untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 05:13:15 PDT 2005

The same party has proposed charging foreign men who marry Russian women (basically a payment to buy a woman)- then revoke the woman's Russian citizenship.

The Kremlin won't allow anyone to touch Gorbachev. Putin has been very respectful toward Gorbachev and Yeltsin - cuz Putin wants the same level of respect towards him from his successor. (Said differently, Putin is changing Russia's political culture).