[lbo-talk] 5 Point Plan for Book Marketing (The Bradich 10 Point Plan)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Jul 2 14:54:56 PDT 2005

>[lbo-talk] The Bradich 10 Point Plan
>Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
>Sat Jul 2 13:32:46 PDT 2005
<snip>
>Chuck0 wrote:
>
>>I think you make several valid points, but Carrol makes a better
>>argument about strategy. We can't defeat Fox News and the right
>>wing by constantly complaining about them.
>
>Hey, who's complaining? I'm trying to get on Fox.
>
>Doug

You want to get on Fox? You would have to change your strategy. Throw caution to the wind.

1. Write a book (it doesn't matter what topic it is).

2. Make incendiary remarks -- as over-the-top as Ward Churchill's -- and/or libelous statements -- as outrageous as Anne Coulter's. They must be calculated to push the hottest buttons. Circulate them far and wide over the Internet, at the moment when your book comes out.

3. Get a friend on the Right to front a flaming right-wing website that seeks to have your books removed from all libraries in the United States. Have friends of all political persuasions post the URL of the website all over the place.

4. Get another friend on the Right to organize a book burning or two.

5. You get on Fox, 100,000 right-wingers buy copies of your book to do copycat book burnings, 100,000 left-wingers buy them just to spite the Right, and 100,000 centrists buy them to find out what all the fuss is about. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>