[lbo-talk] 5 Point Plan for Book Marketing (The Bradich 10 Point Plan)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Jul 2 15:12:25 PDT 2005

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> 5. You get on Fox, 100,000 right-wingers buy copies of your book to do
> copycat book burnings, 100,000 left-wingers buy them just to spite the
> Right, and 100,000 centrists buy them to find out what all the fuss is
> about.

Yoshie has boiled this down perfectly.

Murdoch and the rest of the Fox News universe aren't geniuses. Anybody with money can make up media that relies on tabloid content and patriotic wrappers. The good news is that this only appeals to a small percentage of the population. So we can try and emulate their methods and go with made up lies and patriotism, or we can come up with something solid and entertaining that appeals to the majority of people.

But Air America and Bill Moyers aren't going to do it.

Chuck