twisted underoos Re: [lbo-talk] Ever more opportunities

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 2 16:00:39 PDT 2005

wow. this has your underoos in a twist? do this thought experiment.

it's a man who said that he did it for his kid because he wanted to send the kid to private school b/c he'd fallen behind at public school. (i was thinking about this yesterday. how, if we're honest with ourselves, i'll bet half the negative thoughts any of might have enteretained, wouldn't have been were this a man because it's perfectly acceptable to have these bizarre contradictory thoughts about women's ability to raise their own freakin' childre and what kind of mothers they must be if they deviate from some ideal of womanhood. I was hoping Yoshie would have a go at that one!)

would you have suggested he's dumb and the kid's dumb? would you have gone on about how he was just going to blow the money shopping at ebay, that it was all a big fabrication in order to get money and attention. my guess: no.

the kid's going to be picked on? this has gotten your underoos in a twist? this is your big problem? heh. you don't have kids, do you? or you raised them so long ago, you don't have a clue or maybe you were just absent the scene.

what i don't get is how you can make all these determinations: you're so sure she didn't think about this? that the kid wasn't consulted? you're one lame asshole to simply assume she's some piece of shit mother who doesn't have her kid's interest at heart.

my kid got picked on for having a bi mother. he got picked on for having an atheist mother. he got picked on for having a mother who voted for democrats. he got picked on for having a mother who got arrested. he got picked on for having a mother who had lots of books. he got picked on for having a mother who used big words and lots of books. he got picked on for all kinds of things. he got picked on for being white. he got picked on for having a mom who listened to certain kinds of music. give me a break.

he also had friends who thought all of those things were kinda neat. i'm betting that, when i was little and I read the news story or heard about it from my parents, i'd say, "wow, what a great mom you have."

yeah. i'm going to stop doing those things while raising my next kid: oh nooooooooooooooooooo i might harm the kid's psyche.