[lbo-talk] Ever more opportunities (to be the media)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 16:56:41 PDT 2005

On Saturday, July 02, 2005 4:00 PM [PDT], snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>> Try staying on topic.
>>

> would you have suggested he's dumb and the kid's dumb? would you have
> gone on about how he was just going to blow the money shopping at
> ebay, that it was all a big fabrication in order to get money and
> attention. my guess: no.

You are wrong, women and men can be equally dumb, and I don't think the kid's dumb... But I might think so if he's not *long gone* by ...16.

> the kid's going to be picked on? this has gotten your underoos in a
> twist? this is your big problem? heh. you don't have kids, do you?

Raised 2 thanks... one turned out ok. 25, 26 years old now.

> or
> you raised them so long ago, you don't have a clue or maybe you were
> just absent the scene.

Screw you. You are Just Plain Nasty, and a sexist stereotyper to boot.

My undies aren't in a knot, but yours might be if that kid shows up at the school *your* kid's in with a tec9. Oh, but your kids are grownup too, so that's OPP.

> my kid got picked on for having a bi mother. he got picked on for
> having an atheist mother. he got picked on for having a mother who
> voted for democrats. he got picked on for having a mother who got
> arrested. he got picked on for having a mother who had lots of books.
> he got picked on for having a mother who used big words and lots of
> books. he got picked on for all kinds of things. he got picked on for
> being white. he got picked on for having a mom who listened to
> certain kinds of music. give me a break.

That's great. I knew kids in public school who got picked on for their skin color & religion... still happens.

What IS your point? That this... sociological hazing should continue unabated?

> he also had friends who thought all of those things were kinda neat.
> i'm betting that, when i was little and I read the news story or
> heard about it from my parents, i'd say, "wow, what a great mom you
> have."

See above comment on the kid. Sonny's Ok... I'll bet his grades really aren't that bad, and he has lots of friends.

That's about to change... for better, or for worse.

I'm pessimistic.

> yeah. i'm going to stop doing those things while raising my next kid:
> oh nooooooooooooooooooo i might harm the kid's psyche.

Without appearing to be too rude. I haven't been talking about you.

I'm talking about a MEDIA FREAK SHOW and it's FREAKS.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net