twisted underoos Re: [lbo-talk] Ever more opportunities

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 3 09:57:39 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> So it's not worth arguing with people who have millions of
> listeners/readers? Did you ever read Theories of Surplus Value? Was
> Marx wasting his time arguing with the hacks of his day?

I had this exact argument with a local SDS leader (I had recruited him to SDS myself)in the summer of '69. Two months later he switched over to the Weatherman faction of SDS, and from there he drifted out of political activity completely. That's the usual result of obsession with the far right. Your position (and that of others obsessed with Fox) is essentially an ultra-left position.

Carrol