[lbo-talk] Indian corp VSNL completes acquisition of Tyco Global

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sun Jul 3 11:36:59 PDT 2005

The Economic Times

FRIDAY, JULY 01, 2005

VSNL completes acquisition of Tyco

PTI

NEW DELHI: Tatas-owned Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited on Friday completed the acquisition of undersea cable network company Tyco Global Network, a move that would provide VSNL more bandwidth for providing connectivity to carriers and other businesses like IT and BPO.

VSNL had acquired Tyco, for $130 million, which has over 60,000 km undersea cable network in of North America, Europe and Asia.

"This acquisition is another positive step in our ongoing drive to offer global connectivity and efficient communication solutions for our customers," N Srinath, Head of Operation, VSNL, said in a statement here.

Copyright © 2005 Times Internet Limited.