[lbo-talk] Vladimir Putin, Kantian

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 07:53:35 PDT 2005

Jul 3 2005 8:46PM Russia will stick to Kant's teaching on peaceful settlement of disputes - Putin KALININGRAD. July 3 (Interfax) - Russia is trying and will continue trying to stick to the teaching of Immanuel Kant on the need to settle any disputes between states by peaceful means, President Vladimir Putin has said.

Together with German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder he took part in the ceremony of unveiling a memorial plaque to the great philosopher on the building of Kaliningrad university.

"I want to remind you of one point which is considered crucial to this day. Kant was categorically opposed to settling any disputes between states through war," he told the ceremony.

"We are trying to stick to his teaching in this respect," Putin said. [RU EUROPE ASIA EEU EMRG POL] ml

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com