Fw: [lbo-talk] Fw: PHP News - Allied Military Liason Missions, 1946-1990

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:01:32 PDT 2005

This wasn't marked offlist, so I'm assuming it's public

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pugliese" <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> To: "Leigh Meyers" <leighcmeyers at gmail.com> Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 9:39 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Fw: PHP News - Allied Military Liason Missions, 1946-1990

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/010090.html

=30=

... Yes?

<...>

Overposted...Justin, never heard of Mastny. C'mon, look at Diplomatic History?

Clare Spark, who was a "marxist-feminist" programmer at Pacifica Radio station KPFK in the 80's, said to me a while back, that when she went to grad school at UCLA in the 90's and actually started reading Cold War history, including Mastny, she changed her mind from the pwoggie bromides. Russia's Road to the Cold War by Vojtech Mastny The Cold War and Soviet Insecurity The Stalin Years Vojtech Mastny Oxford U.Press. [This book offers] a peerless account of [Stalin's] blunders in foreign affairs....Mastny presents the most informative and richly documented account we have of Stalin's dealings with Mao Zedong, Kim Il Sung, Josip Broz (Tito), and lesser Communist leaders, based on communications drawn from <...>

I read about that far in before I realized you had included the link within other clips in re the Iran Contra story, and so much much ...much more...

Coherency, Michael.... Job #1.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net