[lbo-talk] Saddam lawyers file US writ to move trial outside Iraq

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:31:57 PDT 2005

Two more offlist, stop.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pugliese" <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> To: "Leigh Meyers" <leighcmeyers at gmail.com> Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 9:51 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Saddam lawyers file US writ to move trial outside Iraq Same crowd that views the Milosevic tribunal as illeg.

Mass graves in Iraq, http://fayrouz.blogspot.com/2004/10/unborn-children-found-in-mass-grave.html

Seen the photos of the mass graves in Srbrenica? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pugliese" <michael.098762001 at gmail.com> To: "Leigh Meyers" <leighcmeyers at gmail.com> Cc: <philion at stolaf.edu> Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 9:57 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Saddam lawyers file US writ to move trial outside Iraq http://www.kerkuk-kurdistan.com/nuceyek.asp?ser=4&cep=1&nnimre=4642 Mass Grave with Up to 1,500 Bodies Found in Iraq Reuters <...>

In re Kurd massacres et al, and who's the real war criminal.

Terribly sorry, I'm descended from eastern european jews and if it were 1,500 time 10 it still wouldn't cause me to believe that it was a "war crime"... or that the reasons they might have been killed was independent of US/Western interests.

<...> The April-May 1972 White House transcripts of Richard Nixon talking to Henry Kissinger about

"this shit-ass little country":

NIXON: We've got to be thinking in terms of an all-out bombing attack....

I'm thinking of the dikes.

KISSINGER: I agree with you.

NIXON: ...Will that drown people?

KISSINGER: About two hundred thousand people. <...>

The B.S. about who the *real butchers* are can stop right there, thanks.

I'm more concerned with merciless ruthless judgement on *my own* country's war criminals...

I have *some* hope of dealing with my own.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

Overposted.