[lbo-talk] Venezuela's Independence Day!

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 5 15:29:18 PDT 2005

>[lbo-talk] Critical Montages, "Chavez Congratulates Ahmadinejad."
>Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
>Mon Jul 4 19:12:45 PDT 2005
<snip>
>http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez-congratulates-ahmadinejad.html >
>But, YF isn't pro-Ahmadinejad. Nah.
>Leninists for Theocracy.After all Zinoviev in Baku in 1920 at the
>Congress of the Toilers of the East called for Jihad. Whatever
>happened to, the critique of "Right-Wing Opportunism. " Oh silly
>me, my Dialectics are faulty.

Thanks for advertising my blog, Michael. :->

For evidence of my love of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, you ought to have posted this one instead, in which I wax lyrically, citing no less an authority on love than Roland Barthes:

<http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud-ahmadinejads-face.html></blockquote>

Flirting with an image of the handsome Iranian (who is all the more intriguing for his air of chastity and melancholy), I almost forgot to celebrate a BIG DAY for my true love Hugo Chávez Frías and Venezuela. My bad. Today is the 195th anniversary of Venezuela's independence. There are three developments to mark the happy occasion: universal literacy, Petrocaribe, and the Bolivarian Alternative for the Americas (cf. <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/venezuelas-independence-day-literacy.html>).

Postscript: I also like Ralph, Matt (cf. <http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/07/libido-against-capitalism.html> and <http://montages.blogspot.com/2004/07/matt-gonzalez-why-vote-for-ralph-nader.html>), and Nichi (cf. <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/04/la-vittoria-di-nichi.html>) among many others, though Nichi is gay and Ralph is asexual. :-0

>[lbo-talk] Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's Face
>Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
>Tue Jul 5 08:53:14 PDT 2005
<snip>
>Even assuming this [an allegation that Ahmadinejad was involved in
>the assassination of the 1989 assassination in Vienna of Abdul
>Rahman Ghassemlou, leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran]
>is true, maybe the guy deserved it.

A spokesman for the Austrian public prosecutor's office, Ernst Kloiber, appears to find the allegation doubtful.

"According to our information, he has third-hand information on the murder," Kloiber said. "It would therefore be very difficult" to open an investigation against Ahmadinejad, he said. (Agence Presse France, "Austria Seeks to Interview Journalist over Ahmadinejad Murder Accusations," <http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050705/wl_mideast_afp/iranahmadinejadkurds_050705183035>5 Jul. 2005)</blockquote>

The "journalist" is said to be an unnamed Iranian journalist whom the Austrian Green party's spokesman on security, Peter Pilz, "met on May 20 in Versailles, France" (Agence Presse France, "Austria Seeks to Interview Journalist over Ahmadinejad Murder Accusations," <http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050705/wl_mideast_afp/iranahmadinejadkurds_050705183035>5 Jul. 2005). Sounds like a potboiler. :-| -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Monthly Review: <http://monthlyreview.org/> * MR: <http://mrzine.org> * Greens for Nader: <http://greensfornader.net/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>