[lbo-talk] Wow! It's a conspiracy theory.

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:23:03 PDT 2005

In every age ... the ultimate sources of war are the beliefs of those in power: "their idea about what is of most fundamental importance and may therefore ultimately be worth a war." - Evan Luard, International War

"One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief. My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade, if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency." --George Bush

Hannity Says Pre-9/11 Iraq Invasion Plan A Conspiracy Theory

In a debate with Rep. Charles Rangel June 28 2005 Sean Hannity called Rangel's assertion that the Bush administation wanted to invade Iraq before Bush even became president as a conspiracy theory.

RANGEL: He already intended to knock off Saddam Hussein before 9/11, all of the people that worked in the cabinet....

HANNITY: Is that what you believe? Wait ... do you believe that?

RANGEL: Do you know about the Project Of A New American Century?

HANNITY: Do you believe that?

RANGEL: There's no question.

HANNITY: Wow....wow....wow. That's a conspiracy theory.

HANNITY: Hey Congressman Rangel, we'd like to thank you for the conspiracy theory portion of the show.

RANGEL: Conspiracy is what you said, I'm saying the president wanted to knock off Saddam Hussein before 9/11.

HANNITY: Alright we appreciate it, next time we'll get some evidence.

"While the unresolved conflict with Iraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantial American force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regime of Saddam" Hussein." --Project For a New American Century 'Rebuilding America's Defenses,' 2000.

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/