[lbo-talk] Comin' from the horses mouth

Bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Wed Jul 6 01:15:00 PDT 2005

We need to keep a tally of these statements, so that 6 months from now, after the disengagement, when there is no continuation of any 'peace process' and the attacks begin again, and the Israelis start blaming the Palestinians saying "We gave them Gaza and they repay us with terror and blood, this proves they want to throw us into the sea..."(or something to that order), we can pull out these statments and use them against themselves....

Bryan

--------------------- http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/596615.html

Ze'evi: Palestinian terrorism will rise unless peace process continues

By Gideon Alon, Haaretz Correspondent

Terrorism will decline immediately after the disengagement, said Major General Aharon Ze'evi Farkash, head of the IDF Military Intelligence said Tuesday, but it is expected to rise again afterward unless the Palestinians have hope of an independent state.

Speaking at the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee meeting, Ze'evi predicted that if the peace process does not continue after the disengagement, terrorism against Israel will increase. Ze'evi believes Hamas is interested in prolonging the present calm, because its leaders are attentive to the Palestinian street, which is tired of the intifada.

[...]