[lbo-talk] Group identification

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 15:36:58 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 2:52 PM [PDT], Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I thought the Nazis' "Aryans" _were_ the then-common
> conceptualization of Indo-Europeans, superimposed with
> racial fantasies and lunacies about Ancient Tibetans
> and Thor? (I am hardly conversant with Nazi ideology.)
> I thought the term "Indo-European" was developed to
> replace "Aryan" because the latter had acquired Nazi
> connotations? I studied Icelandic using a grammar book
> from the around 1910 that refered to the "Aryan
> languages."

What was it that Thomas Pynchon said in Gravity's Rainbow about the Allies watching all the lunatic asylums for clues to Hitler's belief system... The Germans actually brought Tibetan monks to Germany, according to Pynchon.

Google definition:

An ancient people who spoke an Indo-European language. They came to India in the second millennium BC They composed the Vedas in an archaic form of one of those languages. This Vedic language was later revised and transformed into Sanskrit. www.indianartworks.com/artopaedia/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+Aryan&btnG=Search

That's the way I always understood "aryan" as an ethnic identity, although I *had* believed they were of Indian descent from a particular region.

It all points towards Tibet... G.I. Gurdjieff, in Beelzebubs Tales to his Grandson speaks of the origins and separation of the Tibetan/Indian cultures, but the story is "encoded" like Finnigan's Wake, and not easy to make sense of. It's actually a re-telling of one of his other books in extreme socio-psychological detail...

I have no more to say about that, the veil will remain.

He also spoke of Sarts... Tatars and other tribal groups that still practiced ritual magic.

The Nazis were crazy... but they were "inspired" crazy.... Sorta like christpublicans.

Leigh http://www.leighm.net