[lbo-talk] London bombings

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 09:42:34 PDT 2005

Kelley:

So, what's being said re: the London bombings?

You probably know by now but just in case...

The tight coordination of the explosions seems to mark it as the work of al Q or a fellow-traveler organization. Blair and Bush have issued now formulaic statements about retaining "our way of life". This morning on NPR, I listened to a 'terrorism expert' declare that the attack on London, and the lack of such incidents in the US since 9-11, means that our border tightening and shoe checks (among other measures) are working terribly well. A caller declared this to be absurd ("Europe has been dealing with terrorism for years...").

You can follow the story's evolution here:

<http://www.buzztracker.org/2005/07/07/London.html>

.d.

---------

http://monroelab.net/ <<<<<>>>>> "Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends"...Momus