[lbo-talk] Angst of a stagnating Germany

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Jul 8 20:02:59 PDT 2005

> given that on usenet cross-posting was a bad thing to do, i am curious
> about your referring to our posts as "cross-posts". do you object to
> content being forwarded from news sources, to the list?

Not at all - that's exactly what makes LBO-talk so wonderful! I had no idea "cross-post" had such negative connotations - apologies if this was perceived as criticism, that wasn't the intent. I use "post" for original writing and "cross-post" for quoted articles, that's all. I do like to acknowledge the person who cites an article, because I know how much time and effort it takes to do this.

I can see why there would be confusion, though, so I'll stick to "forwarded" from now on.

-- DRR