[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 10 18:39:46 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> A whopping 50-75 attended in KC according to indymedia there. At
> that rate you will have smashed all the liberals and Christian
> Rightists in Kansas in...2099.

You bet. We had a good turnout here for our G8 protests. I was surprised afterwards to discover that most of the people had come from out of town. We also got some good support from SEIU and the folks with Union Summer. I wasn't very involved in the organizing of these protests so I was pretty impressed by the work of our novice organizers, who organized all of this on a miniscule budget in the space of a few weeks.

The police mobilization was pretty large. From what I witnessed and the information I've collected, it looks like the authorities used over 20 vehicles and more personnel to police us.

We're just getting started here in KC.

Chuck