[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts (It's the actuaries... Really!)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jul 10 22:17:18 PDT 2005

B. wrote:

> Burning the US flag and trashing windows in SF I don't
> think indicates much about the strength of the
> anarchist movement, for better or worse. In fact, it
> could indicate the exact opposite -- weakness. I'd
> love to see antiauthoritarianism grow, actually, but
> your analysis about "the anarchist movement" here
> again seems to be pretty Pollyanna-ish. I think there
> was some sort of peak around 2000 and 2001, and while
> there's probably more self-identifying anoks than
> there have been in decades, I think a flag burning in
> SF is a poor barometer. And even less is it
> productive.

You know, I have no idea who you are, but you are obviously in no position to judge the size or power of the anarchist movement.

The actions in San Francisco do speak to the gorwing power of the anarchist movement because they were planned by some kickass organizers who know the fuck what they are doing. As I pointed out, they are involved in other campaigns in their area and are in contact with groups around the world.

Which anti-G8 protest did you organize last week?

First post of a new day...

Chuck