[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts (It's the actuaries... Really!)

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 22:38:20 PDT 2005

> You know, I have no idea who you are, but you are
obviously in no
> position to judge the size or power of the anarchist
movement.

So you have no idea who I am, yet you also know that I am no position to judge this kind of thing. That doesn't make sense.

As regards the anarchist movement, sometimes it seems like there's little difference between you and the Iraqi Information Minister. "We are winning! We are growing!" etc., no matter what. Let's admit it, for better or worse 9/11 did have a chilling effect on the anarchist and anti-capitalist movement of the late 90s, and this kind of trashing of windows and burning of flags in SF isn't productive either for building it or for making society a better place to live in, in general.

>Which anti-G8 protest did you organize last week?

So that's what one has to do to comment on this kind of thing? Organize an anti-G8 protest last week? Lame. This is more of your "I must see your activist creds before you can even dare criticize"-type of arguments, which is weird considering you used to complain about publicly-touted activist creds on here being used against people [i.e the list is publicly searchable by employers, etc.].

But even "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??" doesn't matter, because veteran organizers on the list are also routinely dismissed with ad homs if they have different opinions than you, too.

-B.