[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:53:48 PDT 2005

me:
> > as a leftist journalist during the Truman-McCarthy era, I.F. Stone
> > _was_ an activist.

Chuck:
> So he wasn't an activist during the 1960s or the 1990s. If I remember
> correctly, the category was "agents provocateur."

no, he came up as denouncing infantile left tactics such as breaking windows.

Michael Pugliese wrote: > I.F. Stone, no Rightist, on late 60's new left street trashers ala Days of Rage , "stunt mongers and suicide tactics."<

-- Jim Devine "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own way and let people talk.) -- Karl, paraphrasing Dante.