[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts (smashing windows)

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Tue Jul 12 10:06:29 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at mutualaid.org>

> Nathan Newman wrote:
>
>> And accomplishing what? Drug gangs have recruited more people than the
>> anarchists with their attractive, riske illegal actions, so I guess they
>> are far more important than anyone else?
>
> Nathan: You are a liberal Democrat and you just don't like our tactics or
> politics.

Depends on what liberal means, now doesn't it? Do I actually want fundamental change, rather than preening and talking about it loudly, well then I'm a liberal. But actually caring about getting results is just an argument about methods, not end goals. Many people I may share such incremental tactics with have different endpoints on where they want the change to stop, so that label only gets you so much.

> I'm not going to respond to every rehashed, knee jerk attack on the black
> bloc. Several of you have scolded me for not doing research--I'm going to
> scold you guys for not bothering to read what black bloc anarchists have
> said in their own words.

Who cares what they say? The whole point is action, not words, I thought? And the fact that folks on this list, with your constant haranging, don't apparently know what the hell the black bloc is saying is a pretty good sign of the collective indifference of the broader population to their theory.

Which demonstrates all by itself why the Black Bloc tactics are such a failure.

Nathan Newman