[lbo-talk] nuts watching nuts (smashing windows)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Jul 12 12:07:05 PDT 2005

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Who cares what they say? The whole point is action, not words, I
> thought? And the fact that folks on this list, with your constant
> haranging, don't apparently know what the hell the black bloc is saying
> is a pretty good sign of the collective indifference of the broader
> population to their theory.

The same could be said about Marxist theory or any of the stuff that people on the list are interested in. Face it, we are a minority in an American population that cares more about American Idol results than they care about Zizek's most recent article.

But why should I listen to your criticisms if you make no effort to learn about the black bloc folks?

And I don't get this assumption that those of us who advocate more action are against words and theory. In my experience, these folks you disparage are always reading books and magazines and discussing theory. Activists really aren't the anti-intellectuals that some people make them out to be. But I think I'm right when I say there needs to be more action.

> Which demonstrates all by itself why the Black Bloc tactics are such a
> failure.

The results of the black bloc have proved you wrong.

Chuck