[lbo-talk] Corner office crazies (Was Re: may never know results of Fitzerald probe)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:26:53 PDT 2005

>From: andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>
>
>Apropos getting into positions of power, did people
>see this report on how corporate executives may be
>sociopaths?
>
>http://biz.yahoo.com/special/psycho05.html

It's odd that this is being offered as news since psychoanalyst Michael Maccoby, cited in this article, was arguing at least as far back as 1977 (in _The Gamesman: The New Corporate Leaders_) that business people were becoming narcissistic and pathologically manipulative.

I don't think it matters all that much. Whether you're dealing with brutish capitalists oif the 19-c. model, the Organization Men of the postwar world, or the smooth biz-schools operators of today, they're all a pretty vicious pack of mofos on the whole.

Carl