[lbo-talk] Solzhenitsyn

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 13 14:48:53 PDT 2005

On 13 Jul 2005 at 14:02, Chris Doss wrote:

> C'mon, I know English as my first language, speak
> Russian approximately fluently, read French fluently,
> know German with advanced comprehension ability, and
> have greater-or-lesser capabilities with Greek, Latin,
> Hebrew, and Old Norse. It's not that tough. It just
> requires effort.
>
> Nu, zayats, pogodi!

Bullshit. What is easy for you to do may be extremely difficult for others. It isn't as if all humans are equally endowed with the ability to acquire second languages after reaching adulthood. I'm a bit disappointed in the self-congratulatory style of this post. You know better than this or at least you should. It also requires time. Something in short supply for many people.

John Thornton