[lbo-talk] Solzhenitsyn

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 11:05:32 PDT 2005

At 01:23 PM 7/14/2005, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> > When I got a "real" job, the new boss told me, "You don't
> > need sleep til you're 40 and there are 144 hrs in a week.
>
>(wow, you got a whole day off per week!? there are 168 hours in a week
>:)

ha! I never noticed that one. So, I retrieved the old e-mail (packrat that I am, too bad it was so small a company, otherwise I'd have had a labor case for many thousands of dollars!)

Subject: Re: rock 'n' roll

"You will be working full time (that is 168 hours per week; 1 hour eat and pee time) in a few short .... well... you'll see."

can't find the e-mail where he says you don't need sleep 'til you're forty. maybe that was over the interview?

*sigh*

I guess memory is finally starting to fail me. :)

I also forgot to note, to Chris, that I wasn't the only woman who lived like that. Most didn't have the two hour commute, but they sure lived on very little sleep, had to deal with their children, and had husbands and partners who weren't sharing half the burden of housework and childcare.

kelley