[lbo-talk] Santorum's Communications Director confirms he is gay

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 14 17:41:52 PDT 2005

via atrios

"In a phone call recorded by PageOneQ and blogACTIVE.com, Robert Traynham, Director of Communications for United States Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) has said he is an out gay man who completely supports the Senator.

When asked how a gay man could speak for one of the nation's most notorious homophobes, Traynham, left, protested that has "been with the Senator for eight years." Traynham went on to say "Senator Santorum is a man of principle, he is a man who sticks up for what he believes in, I strongly do support Senator Santorum."

When pressed on whether he supported the Senator's stands on lesbian and gay issues, Mr. Traynham abruptly ended the phone call by saying "Senator Santorum is a family man with "I have been with Senator Santorum for eight years and I am very proud to be with him."

An attempt to follow-up with a question was met with Mr. Traynham hanging up the phone......"

http://rawstory.com/

____________________________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs