[lbo-talk] The conservative spin on the Rove scandal

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:37:39 PDT 2005

On Friday, July 15, 2005 1:35 PM [PDT], B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is what one conservative net user told me in
> response to the Rove leak:
>
> "The fact that Plame hasn't left the country since
> 1998 makes it kind of hard to be undercover in Niger.
> Besides, the 9-11 commission pretty much slammed
> Wilson. Rove didn't break Plame's cover. Kerry said an
> undercover agent's name several times on public TV
> during a hearing."
>
> Ihaven't been following the Rove scandal religiously
> so I'm not even sure how to address this. The NY Times
> "timeline" I thought covered it all.
>
> -B.

The IIPA was intended to cover the outing of "active intelligence assets". That's *why* the attempt to spin everything around it... it probably doesn't apply to Plame and her "outing" at all. It's a stall... An evasion. A "time-buyer" till the American public goes back to sleep...

She was, in Washington circles, an "Ambassador's wife", and, like a military attache' .... well, a spy. No secret. If you were a diplomat from another country you'd speak with "measured" word about anything related to your country's foreign policy or national security around her. Cut back to the intent of the IIPA, and you can begin to see some twisted logic rising, like methane on a scum pond.

But why would ther political "power elite" on either side of the aisle beat around the Bush(BWaaa hahaha gasp!), and tie it all up with years of legal wrangling about the "correct" interpretation of the IIPA.

There's other avenues to the Execution[heheheh] of jurisprudence:

http://www.furl.net/forward.jsp?id=3817921

Leigh http://www.leighm.net

"We believe that your way of life itself is unnecessary, ugly, and un-American. We cannot condone your present operations; they should be wiped off the slate." -- Paul Goodman, Speaking to the National Security Industrial Association, October 1967