[lbo-talk] More on Wikipedia: Now the US army is whitewashing my articles

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 08:00:28 PDT 2005

On 7/15/05, Lance Murdoch <lancemurdoch at gmail.com> wrote:
> I created an article on the US No Gun Ri Massacre during the Korean war:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Gun_Ri

http://www.dissentmagazine.org/ Winter 2000, long article by the AP reporters.

The Bridge at No Gun Ri

Parts of the Associated Press report reprinted here appeared in many American newspapers last fall, but we didn't see the entire report anywhere. It is a powerful document, an unusual piece of investigative journalism, and one that has had significant political consequences. The U.S. Army is now investigating the allegations made by the soldiers quoted here (after long resistance to similar allegations by Korean civilians). There should be an official report in late spring or early summer of this year. Anticipating the discussion certain to follow upon the report, we include with the AP dispatch comments by Michael Walzer and Marilyn B. Young on the political and moral meaning of the incident at No Gun Ri. Eds.

Sang-Hun Choe, Charles J. Hanley, and Martha Mendoza

Marilyn B. Young wrote, "The Vietnam Wars;1945-1990, " a New Left volume. Blurbed, "A People's History of the Vietnam War, " by a UK SWP'er. Good read esp. for those who might romanticize the North. In a series edited by Zinn for The New Press.

-- Michael Pugliese