[lbo-talk] sordid and legal to boot.....

Autoplectic autoplectic at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:39:39 PDT 2005

On 7/16/05, snitsnat <snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> >God i love this list.................
>

> glad you do. now, you've read me for years. do you think i hold the
> positions he's attributed to me?

Darwin no. But I'm not sure investigating the statistical outliers of contemporary/ancient sexual behavior [re their persistence] will give us substantive clues regarding our phenotypic stability. I think Justin's pointing to the claim that the latter is parametric [near invariant, for in evo. biology invariance is non-starter] as regards whatever we do as beings with rich, diverse cultural expressions/explorations of the erotic-hedonic. As we don't have videos of our ancestors sexual proclivities we can only come up with stories..........Lord I wish we could have the videos; I think we'd be humbled beyond belief.

Ian

-- "All the perfect drugs and superheros

Wouldn't be enough to bring me up to zero" [Aimee Mann]