[lbo-talk] Interview with Prof. Daniel Dor about the media in Israel

Bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Sun Jul 17 13:44:11 PDT 2005

Hey all,

Last week, I did an audio interview with Prof. Daniel Dor who teaches at the Department of Communication at Tel Aviv University.

I just uploaded the interview to our new server, so have a listen if you would like: http://alternativenews.dyndns.org//streaming/Daniel_Dor_lower_bitrate.mp3

He is the author of a number of books in Hebrew, and one that was translated into English, titled "Intifada Hits the Headlines" and was published by Indiana University Press (http://www.indiana.edu/~iupress/books/0-253-21637-0.shtml).

I highly reccomend the book. It is quite compelling look at the Israeli media of the coverage of the first month of the current Intifada.

Also, here is an article he wrote, which gives some general info he talks about in his book:

http://www.pij.org/details.php?id=38

Bryan -- Bryan Atinsky Editor, News from Within e-mail: bryan at alt-info.org Tel: (972)2-624-1159 P.O. Box 31417, Jerusalem 91313 http://www.newsfromwithin.org http://www.alternativenews.org