[lbo-talk] specious generalizations...

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 15:50:23 PDT 2005

>From: "James Heartfield" <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>
>
>The error here is to try to force an irrational act into a rational
>explanatory framework, as if to tame it and make it sensible.

Au contraire, mon ami, the error is to harp on the irrational as a cause, thus feeding the sense of incipient panic because society is dealing with Inexplicable Evil and nothing can be done about it. Nonsense. Just string up your PM!* Take my word for it, you'll feel better in the morning, and your problem with exploding mass transit will go away.

Carl

*Caveat: Polemical trope not to be taken an incitement to insurrection. The UK PM should be subject to full due process, then hanged for war crimes.