[lbo-talk] Broken link

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Jul 17 23:02:06 PDT 2005

Lance writes:

> http://www.yale.edu/cgp (not cpg)
>
> So I go to this page and see what they have to offer.

The last time Lance made this claim, I googled around a little and immediately found the Yale site and read through it for about half an hour and it pretty much said what I thought it would say. Given Lance's intro that the genocide claim "is bullshit" I read it with a critical eye, but I couldn't tell one way or another whether he was actually privy to bent information or was simply out of his mind, but I got busy and never followed up because I didn't feel like getting into that kind of discussion.

But now it turns out that Lance isn't even familiar with this project? He just happens to know that this is just a plant and all this info is specious? Even on just the front page, there's a staggering amount of source material: 3000 books, articles, maps, primary documents, audio recordings, video recordings ... there's an awful lot of work here that's not just the vague references to the censuses.

It's all just wrong? The people who did this research, spending what I'm guessing is many years of work, are all just duped by some State Department operation to discredit, then credit, then discredit KR politically?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. But I don't believe you.

/jordan