[lbo-talk] Finding the elephant in the room

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Jul 18 12:48:55 PDT 2005

uvj :

Yes, the US led forces should withdraw from Iraq. But_Iraqis_ may want some transitional arrangements to preserve peace and stability. We know the consequences of the Soviet withdrawal and American abandonment of Afghanistan. Nobody wants another Afghanistan in West Asia.

Ulhas

^^^^^^

CB: I see. Might get somebody else killed if U.S. withdraws too quickly.

Looking at the larger effects and picture, I believe immediate U.S./British withdrawal will save the most lives even there in West Asia.

Iraq's socialeconomic structure probably precludes Taliban-like rule.