[lbo-talk] Getting Fired Because of Your Blog

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 16:21:04 PDT 2005

Scissors MacGillicutty:

Music for Aadvarks? I don't want to know...

====================

But knowledge is power and Google is the way, the truth and the light. At least, as regards URLs.

Behold, a clever bit (and not necessarily in a lovely way) from the "Music for Aardvarks..." homepage:

<http://www.musicforaardvarks.com/>

The Fantastic History of Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals

4.5 billion BC to 80 million BC: Molten lava hardens, mountains and oceans are formed, first protein meets first amino acid, fish grow feet, big lizards, apes walk upright etc

80 million BC to 6000 BC: People stop wandering around and plant food.

6000 BC to September 6th 1996: Pyramids are built, Greece and Rome stuff happens, Italian Renaissance, (some decent art) lots of wars, industrial revolution, a guy named David Weinstone loses his job as a waiter.

October 1996 to July1997: David Weinstone takes a job teaching for a national music program for pre-schoolers, plays in grunge rock band at night.

August 1997: Weinstone checks out some other children's music classes with his toddler, decides kids need better music, writes a few songs about taxis, skyscrapers, bagels, boogers and stuff, friends say "Yeah!"

September 7th 1997: First Music for Aardvarks and Other Mammals class is held in the basement of a restaurant in the East Village of Manhattan, six families attend and leave with big smiles.

Forget the kiddies, where do I sign up!?

.d.

----

monroelab.net <<<<<>>>>> "you know, to be honest, I was rooting for the aliens to vaporize Cruise the whole time..."[overheard at the movies]