[lbo-talk] Identity wars and other issues

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 19 12:36:38 PDT 2005

That's very odd. You set aside the tens of thousands of deaths caused by a policy formed by a complex political process as "an episode" that cannot be used to judge the US. Yet you insist that the jihadist bombers -- responsible for far fewer deaths -- must be judged solely "on the basis of ... their terrorist acts, because there is not much into their entire cause but mad bombing." But we know that the views of the 9/11 terrorists (opposition to Iraq sanctions, Palestinian oppression, and corrupt US-backed governments in the Gulf) -- and probably those of the London bombers -- are shared by many people who condemn their crimes. --CGE