[lbo-talk] Iraq buddies up with Iran; PM lays wreath on Khomeini's tomb

Jim Devine jdevine03 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:55:11 PDT 2005

Chris Doss writes:
> So much for the "Quisling government" paradigm.

that's the conflict I talked about earlier. If the US elite wants to attain its goals -- which does not include an Iraq/Iran alliance -- it needs to have popular legitimacy of the Iraqi government, i.e., something much more than a Quisling. But a non-Quisling does stuff like allying with Iran... -- Jim Devine "Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" -- Richard Feynman